Enjoy Asparagus Season with Smoked Salmon & Smoked Butter
Welsh artisan food and hampers delivered on your day of choice
What a beautiful time of the year – asparagus season!
Whether you blanche it, steam it, griddle it, roast it, or even pop it on the BBQ, drizzle with one of our scrummy melted butters and enjoy… sometimes it’s the simple things in life!
See one of our favourite recipes below:
Asparagus with Smoked Butter and Lemon
Another classic at this time of year that everyone will know and love is asparagus wrapped in parma ham, however, instead of using Parma ham why not try our mouth-watering air-dried Monmouthshire ham instead! An interesting twist on a true classic.
- Preheat the oven to 200 C / Gas 6. Wash and trim the bottom ends from the asparagus. Boil the Asparagus for 3-4 minutes then drain and plunge into ice cold water.
- Cut the slices of air-dried Monmouthshire ham into strips.
- Wrap each asparagus spear with a piece of ham.
- Place the wrapped spears into the tray, drizzle with olive oil & season with Halen Môn Sea Salt and pepper.
- Bake in the oven for 5 - 10 minutes depending on the thickness of your asparagus.
And not forgetting, asparagus and Salmon go hand in hand. Whether it’s enjoyed as a light breakfast, - smoked salmon and blanched asparagus with a quick drizzle of olive oil and some salt & pepper. Or used for quick and easy lunches or suppers. Or try Oak Roasted Salmon portions with griddled asparagus and boiled new potatoes finished with a drizzle of melted Smoked Butter and maybe some leafy greens … delicious, nutritious food that’s good for the soul!
No posts found