SIZZLING SUMMER SALAD DAYS
It’s only the beginning of June and some may be fooled into thinking they’ve woken up in the Med! Quarantined at home, glorious sunshine day after day and lovely long evenings has certainly made lockdown a lot more bearable for all at BMS and we hope for you too.
Mother Nature is certainly showing off in the Black Mountains with fledgling birds braving their first flights, cow parsley and foxglove lining the lanes and the Welsh population showing off sun tans never seen before in this formerly rainy pocket of the UK.
With many ‘work from home’ lunch breaks now taking place in the garden, we wanted to share a few of our favourite smoked chicken lunchtime recipes, for these beautiful summer days. Light, healthy, and deliciously easy lunches for you to enjoy…
CHICKANGO SALAD (CHICKEN & MANGO)
This is refreshing, light and frankly just plain YUMMY!
- Simply combine cubed mango (fresh or frozen) with our sliced smoked chicken breast. Finely chop coriander and stir in.
- Dress with olive oil and some Fino White Balsamic
- Decorate with edible flowers from the garden
- And enjoy!
SMOKED CHICKEN WRAPS
The most moreish and easy lunch, always a hit with children, (chilli content dependent) and perfect for a quick bite or a picnic!
- Using either homemade flat breads (recipe here) or simply the bog-standard supermarket wraps (equally as good!), spread Philadelphia cheese and some of our Tracklements Chilli Jam onto the base.
- Add a handful of salad/rocket leaves (plus any additional veggies you fancy)
- Top with sliced Smoked Chicken (also scrumptious with our smoked duck!)
- Roll up and tuck in!
SMOKED CHICKEN CAESAR SALAD
An easy take on the classic with a smokey twist – see recipe here
SMOKED CHICKEN PESTO PASTA SALAD
This one is a fridge staple, serve it hot or cold - it’s always a hit!
See recipe here
SMOKED CHICKEN WITH FIGS, GOATS CHEESE & WALNUTS
This is one for the books, both a tasty lunch and also a simple entertaining show-stopper! Have a practice during lockdown and get ready to wow your guests when they’re eventually allowed to come over!
SMOKED CHICKEN & BROCCOLI BAKE
This is a hearty option for hungry tummies or a filling supper. Quick & easy enough for the most amateur of chefs!
SMOKED CHICKEN, AVO & MANGO SALAD
Refreshing and light with a bite of chilli this is a classic lunchtime dish.
We hope you enjoy and please take photos and share your creations with us either by email or social media – we love to see them!
No posts found