By agreeing to our terms & conditions you are agreeing to allow us to contact you by e-mail to confirm your order and regarding it’s safe delivery. We always request a contact phone number for your delivery address but this is used only to help the couriers find difficult delivery addresses. We prefer a mobile contact number so that our couriers can update the recipient regarding delivery times and additional delivery instructions.
You can choose to subscribe, or not, to our monthly newsletter to advise you about our products, recipes and promotions. You can also subscribe to our mail order price list, by post annually. If you are subscribed and no longer wish to be contacted you can unsubscribe in one click from a link at the bottom of our email or contact us directly by phone or email.
Please be assured that your personal information will only be used to ensure your orders and requirements are met efficiently within a safe and secure environment.
We request you to keep secure any user names and passwords issued to you for your use on our website.
We are fully PCI compliant in terms of Credit Card Security.
Black Mountains Smokery Ltd.
Tel: 01873 811566
How & why we collect & protect your data
Why are you on our mailing list?
- You have subscribed to our e-newsletter
- You have ordered our produce
- You are receiving a subscription gift
- You have recently requested an e-pricelist
This is the data that we collect:
- Your name
- Your business name (where appropriate)
- Your email address
- Your address if you have ordered, paid for or received a delivery
- Your phone number (for ordering or delivery purpose)
- Multiple gift delivery addresses (held in your account only and never contacted directly unless a customer in their own right)
- Card payment details for subscriptions and repeat orders held securely by Sagepay
How do we use your data? Why do we need it?
- If you have subscribed we send you a monthly newsletter to keep you abreast of special products, details of events, seasonal recipes, subscription details and exclusive offers
- We use your address details to process and deliver orders and phone numbers to help the courier
- We email you to alert you to confirm your order and to give you shipping and tracking details
- We use email or phone to inform you of any changes or problems with your order or delivery
How do we store this information?
- We store this data electronically and take all reasonable measures to keep it safe
- All Black Mountains Smokery mailing lists are strictly private for our use only
- We will NEVER pass on any of your data to any other party, for any reason or at any time, unless we are required to by Law
How can you unsubscribe from our mailings and e-newsletters?
You can unsubscribe at any time: Simply click the “Safe Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any e-newsletters or reply Unsubscribe to any standard e-mails.
- This will prevent you from receiving further newsletters and offers
- This will prevent you from re-subscribing or being re-subscribed
Once unsubscribed you can still receive order confirmation and shipping advice
If you would like your all information and order history to be completely deleted from our records please contact us by email
If you have any questions or require any clarification, please do not hesitate to call us on 01873 811566
Website & Cookies
What are cookies?
Who sets the cookies?
The cookies stored on your computer and other devices, when you access this website, are set by ourselves and third parties to help deliver a high-quality website and online shopping experience. Some cookies set by or on behalf of ourselves are necessary to enable customers to make purchases on our website. Cookies may also be set by third parties who participate with us in affiliating marketing programmes. None of these third parties collect any personal data from which they would be able to identify individual customers.
What are cookies used for?
The main purposes for which cookies are used are:-
- For technical purposes essential to the effective operation of our website, particularly in relation to on-line transactions.
- To drive our marketing, particularly banner advertisements and targeted updates.
- To enable Black Mountains Smokery to collect information about the browsing and shopping habits and activities of customers, including to monitor the success of campaigns, competitions and offers.
- To enable Black Mountains Smokery to meet its contractual obligations to make payments to third parties when a product is purchased by someone who has visited our website from a site operated by those parties.
How do I disable cookies?
If you want to disable cookies you need to change your website browser settings to reject cookies. How to do this will depend on the browser you use and we provide further detail below on how to disable cookies for the most popular browsers:-
For Microsoft Internet Explorer:
- Choose the menu “tools” then “Internet Options”
- Click on the “privacy” tab
- Select the setting the appropriate setting
For Mozilla firefox:
- Choose the menu “tools” then “Options”
- Click on the icon “privacy”
- Find the menu “cookie” and select the relevant options
For Opera 6.0 and further:
- Choose the menu Files”> “Preferences”
What happens if I disable cookies?
This depends on which cookies you disable, but in general the site may not operate properly if cookies are switched off. If you only disable 3rd party cookies you will not be prevented from making purchases on this site. If you disable all cookies you will be unable to complete a purchase on this site.